Solved

Train from Napels to Pompei

• 5 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I got a question regarding our upcoming trip to Italy. We plan to travel from Florence to Pompeii with train, however it doesn't appear to be possible to book the trip directly, as the train stops in Napels. Do we need a seperate train ticket besides our interrail passes from Napels to Pompeii or are we missing something? Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 5 April 2023, 20:20

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There are 2 train services to Pompeii - One is on the Naples to Salerno regional line and use Pompei station, This is operated by Trenitalia and included in your pass.

The second is an old private service (Circumvesuviana) that operates from Naples to Sorrento and stops at Herculaneum and Pompeii. This is not included in your pass.

https://www.visitpompeiivesuvius.com/

Be warned Naples and area are rife with pickpockets.

Hey! Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. Just checked via the Eurail app, but I can't find any train that goes directly to Pompeii or even stops at that station, which seems odd. Is it better to just go from Florence to Napels and then buy a seperate ticket from there to Pompeii?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What are your travel dates? The Italian summer timetable is still far from complete.

We will be traveling from the 10th till the 23rd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which month ? April ?

Then timetables should be available. You can use bahn.de to check, it's reliable

My apologies, the month will be June.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Then timetables aren't complete yet. Trenitalia is always late with that

You can still check with next week's timetable. Should be quite similar

Thank you very much, I will do that!