Solved

Trains in Norway Nordland included?

• 7 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Are the Nordland trains included in the pass, Trondheim Bodo?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 7 February 2023, 11:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The train is run by SJ Nord and included in the pass.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-norway

Thanks, it seems that in June there’s not direct train fromOslo to Trondheim, we have to take a bus at Lillehammer, do you know why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What date are you looking at? Did you look at entur.no? There you have the accurate information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF somewhere on what is normally a trainline some shorter BUStrip shown then it almost always (just think-the same will also happen in your country when) WORKs along the track-and in NO these are always just single, so both ways blocked. These may last just a day/weekend or many weeks-dep. on what has to be done. In THESE cases your pass will also be valid. But not if it is a normal linebus that also happens to serve that village on that time.

In most countries some specific site will list these works and what is arranged for it-mostly only in local language-google may help, or dedicated railfans who know all.

In NO its probably like ´jernbaneverket´

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

In NO its probably like ´jernbaneverket´

Since 2016-2017 this is Bane NOR . Not that much information on the English page though, the website in Norwegian has much more body.

Badge +5

It’s very early for confirmed times in Norway. Last year there were many dates where you needed a bus to Lillehammer. You need a reservation on the train section. Entur will reserve (free if you have 1st class).

Thanks for all the replies.I can’t see timetables later than June 7, I plan to travel on June 14, I’ll check later if there are still works on the line.

Unofficial information (planning status from a few weeks before) without guarantee:

The schedulded traffic interruptions on this line in june are from saturday (3d) 4am to monday (5th) 5am. But there will be a kind of soft reopening which is not clear yet. So I don't think even the timetables for the 5th, 6th and 7th you may see are finalized (I think most trains are just missing). But chances that the trains are running on june 14th aren’t bad.

The big interruption should be from june 26th (this one will last until mid-august) with many cancelled trains.