Solved

Travel day in homecountry

• 11 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I want to travel from my homecountry Germany to Italy, which takes longer than a day. The problem is, that the app forces me to use both trips in my homecountry for this one trip.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 11 August 2022, 11:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only board trains on 2 travel days in your country of residence. 

But you must be able to leave Germany for Italy in one day. What route are you taking that wants you to use 2 travel days?

Okay, thanks, well I want to leave Berlin in the evening. That might be the problem, because I have to change trains in hannover and munich. Which is both on the next day and still in my home country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to make another travel plan and leave Berlin earlier. Or you need to buy a normal ticket in Germany on the way back home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oder-ein wenig schlauer sein- wenn der EINstieg im ICE in H erst >0.00 ist gilt nächster Tag-dann fahrste mit 9€-was du bestimmt schon hast- bis dort.

Oder du wechselt Farhtweg-zuerst nach Prahy-CZ und dann ab dort weiter an.

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Germany to Istanbul. Is it possible to continue the journey after a flight back to Germany or a neighboring country and use the internal ticket to travel back to my hometown?

Regards 

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yep totally possible. The inbound/outbound days can happen at any point during the validity period (1-2 months).

Thanks!

Is it is also possible to fly to a city in Germany, lets say Frankfurt, and travel from there back home to Münster? Or does it have to be a neighboring country, because I have to cross the border to Germany for the inbound journey?

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Peter Zimmer Doesn’t matter if you cross a border or not. You have the right to travel in your home country on two of your travel days. No matter how many trains you take, or where you start.