Solved

Travel days

I’m from India. I’m planning to buy a 7 days 1 month global pass. In my itinerary, I deiced to travel in Regio express to brig(Switzerland). No more travelling in that day. So my question is, If I use the Eurail pass, in Regio express, will it counted as a travel day ? will it deduct one day from my 7 days ? And what about if I use Eurail pass at ferry/cable car for discount ?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 30 May 2022, 11:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Every day, 00.00-23.59 CET, when you board at least one train, and use your pass as ticket, is a travel day.

If you only use the pass to get a discount, like on a ferry or on a railway company that only gives a discount on the ticket, then you don't use a travel day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you only are making a short journey one day you always have the possibility to buy a normal ticket and save a travel day for lates use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For using the pass to get a discount (whcih quiet often will also be available, maybe even more, via other mean you do not need to activate a travelday.

The normal cost of tickets is always to be found via the national railplanner site-often even with a long list of other possible discounts or alternatives. This is by far NOT INdian Rail.