Solved

Travel in home country

• 4 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all.

im due to return to the uk from my 6 weeks interrailing in a fortnight. (Noooooo!!!)

I arrive into London on the evening of the 16th on the Eurostar and plan to travel to glasgow the following morning. But does taking the Eurostar into London the night before count as my in bound travel day with my pass? Or can I still use my pass the following morning to get up to Scotland?

just not quite sure how that bit works and wanting to plan ahead in case…

icon

Best answer by Al_G 4 May 2023, 12:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it counts as an inbound journey. Your only options are the last evening trains to Glasgow or pay for an expensive ticket.

I believe I've seen somewhere that Avanti West Coast release very cheap last-minute tickets on some trains (recent news). Let me have a look...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, the Eurostar trip will use your inbound day on the 16th.

If you have already used your first “outbound” day you will not be able to use the pass to travel to Glasgow on the 17th, the day after you arrive in London.

You could use the pass for the sleeper departing at 23.50 on the 16th, however the berths are expensive and the seats are unpleasant.

The last regular train is 19.30 from Euston.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://www.avantisuperfare.co.uk/

Here you go. You choose a time window on 17th May and it will cost you 30£. I guess it fits your needs ?