Solved

Travel in Spain, from Madrid to Barcelona

I bought the Eurail Global Pass for 15 days, in which I plan to use it one way from Madrid to Barcelona but when I want to make the reservation does not allow me and tells me that I can not do it also indicating that only in the station in Spain, I would like to know if when I arrive physically at the station in Barcelona I can get a discount with my Eurail Global Pass and if not what is the case of the Global Pass in Spain.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 July 2022, 01:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is post with the known ways to book reservations for domestic trains in Spain:

At a ticket office in Spain, you can certainly book a reservation for a Eurail pass, as long as there are free seats on the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is the most frequent route in all of ESpana for AVE=hi-speed trains-ev hour and even more in the peaks. Which you could also have noted when looking at travelplanner. If your not too fussy about 9 or 10 hrs you will find empty seat at short notice.

Also note that ALL long-dist. trenes in ESpanan must be reserved and many find this a PITA. The likely next trip-from Bcn onward to the FRancia will bring more probs.-and a much higher supplmt to pay. FInd the so often mentioned ALTernative via local trenes.