Solved

Traveling around Netherlands and Belgium

• 7 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ll be moving around Haarlem, Amsterdam and Naarden but also to Ghent and Bruges, Belgium. I’m not sure which pass to get that suits for that itinerary. If anyone can help me out, I appreciate it. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 7 September 2022, 02:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If that is the entirety of your rail travelling then either local tickets or a Benelux pass. https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/benelux

It really depends on how much you will use it, I wouldn’t be surprised if the pass wasn’t the cheapest option for many tourists, especially bearing in mind it only covers trains and not the tram and bus networks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Naarden-the old city proper, is only by bus. The station is Naarden-Bussum, but is In Bussum.

That pass is hardly worthwhile-the sectors are too short. You also did not clearly tell from WHERE this all should happen. You did not clearly tell if it was just for 1 time or for more trips-longer stay.

IF you are the normal tourist on a short stay of a few days: there is also ARTT: Amsterdam Region Tikcet-for 1 - 2 - 3 days, that covers this area and the places you mention. But even that might cost more as buy tickets. But it also covers all buses/trams-like to get to your HTL etc.

For trips NL-BE: buy t least 7 days advance via b-europe or via NS-international a dated ticket-then its cheaper-have to go via Breda-Antwerpen train-but there is no RES nor tied to a specific train/time.

Tickets IN BE are a lot cheaper-if bought there-for ju+senior.