Solved

Traveling from Rome to Florence

• 24 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I am traveling tomorrow from Rome to Florence, using an Eurail Global Pass (free) train. As per Rail Planner App, there is a train leaving Roma Termini at 1045 hours, reaching Firenze S.N.M at 1448 (with no train changes).

But when I check it on Trenit app, it is showing a train leaving Roma Termini at 1035 hrs, then having a changeover at Roma Tiburtina at 1101????

I am getting confused and don't want to miss the train. Need your help:

- Is this train changed or still (completely) included in the pass?

- Is the Tiburtina station accessible by Metro Line B? In case I directly reach there instead of Termini?

- To find a train included in Eurail Pass with departure time bracket of 1000-1100 (preferably direct).

- I am not getting a reservation. So I hope that I will find space easily in the train?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 24 June 2023, 23:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can see on Rail Planner app that there's a 26 min walk from Termini to Tiburtina. To avoid that, take the subway (Line B) to Tiburtina.

It is a regional train, fully included and no extra cost.

I don't know this exact train but if you show up enough in advance, you're guaranteed to have seats. Nobody can have seat reservations anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Please don't use the rail planner app to plan. It's unreliable, so what it says is irrelevant.
  2. If you do use it, please make sure you have the latest update. My app shows this train as leaving from Roma Tiburtina at 11:11.
  3. From Roma Termini, you can indeed use Metro B. The metro is not included in the pass.
  4. The only included train you could use to connect from Roma Termini is the one leaving at 10:05.
  5. Reservations are not possible for this train to Firenze, but you'll be OK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are you sure that it leaves Tiburtina at 10:35 ? Both Trenitalia and DB show it leaving at 11:11.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you sure that it leaves Tiburtina at 10:35 ? Both Trenitalia and DB show it leaving at 11:11.

Oops, my bad, it's 11:11 indeed. Edited my post.

10:35 is what Trenitalia indicates from Roma Termini. I doubt if that's a real timetable though.

Badge +2

Thank you ❤️

Can you tell me the apps to use in Netherlands & Denmark to find train details, like timings and platform etc. I have already bought the reservations etc

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you ❤️

Can you tell me the apps to use in Netherlands & Denmark to find train details, like timings and platform etc. I have already bought the reservations etc

As a general rule if you have a confirmed reservation that will be the time and station of departure. It will also show the train number - very important.

There are many planners that you can check with but I would advise the dbahn and OBB offers for checking, but the only “definitive” source will be the operators own site, which will show planned changes.

Always check that the train number is the same as your reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Netherlands: NS app (look for blue arrow on a yellow background as logo)

Denmark: DSB app (red background, white DSB letters in a hexagon)