Solved

Travelling through home country without stop

• 20 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I‘m German and during my Interrail trip I want to travel from Vienna to Innsbruck and I‘ve seen now that the only direct train for this journey, for a small bit, passes through Germany but the train actually has no stop there - My question is now am I able to use this train via Interrail without buying an extra ticket or using (wasting) a In/Outbound journey?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 20 July 2022, 21:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Probably yes-this Q has been posted here more as once, but there has been no definitive answer from someone who reported after having done so. The APP f.e. even ´punishes´ Frenchmen when they use the direct €* Brussel-London, as it also passes FR. But these korridortrains are completely OeBB and also have only Austrian tariff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Probably yes-this Q has been posted here more as once, but there has been no definitive answer from someone who reported after having done so. The APP f.e. even ´punishes´ Frenchmen when they use the direct €* Brussel-London, as it also passes FR. But these korridortrains are completely OeBB and also have only Austrian tariff.

The trains offically never enter Germany only Austrian tarif applies. The problem this year is that some trains stops due trackworks in Rosenheim (stop in Germany) because of that the app wanna charge a inbound/outbound day :/ We could only avoid it by adding the journey manually :)