Solved

Travelling with 3 children, 2 adult passes bought but can 1 adult do a journey alone with the 3 kids?

• 10 May 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi! 

I have bought 2 adult passes for this summer, we will be travelling with 3 children (6, 9, 11)

My question is, do both adults have to do all legs of the journey together with the 3 children (normally 2 kids passes can be had for free per adult) or can 1 parent take 3 kids on a journey (considering all children will have a pass because obtained with the other parent) ? If my husband can’t do one of the trips, does that mean we can’t go without him or does one youth pass have to be purchased extra?

The info isn’t clear enough and I can’t find any advisor to help me with this.  

Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 10 May 2022, 10:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Your Childs get own passes means you can travel alone  with your kids. Just the amount of the free child passes is limited by 2 per adult at the booking process. 

Thanks so much Seewulf for your quick reponse! Your answer has reassured me. 

If anyone has encountered trouble with inspectors with travelling alone with multiple kids with free passes, please let me know. I’m worried about getting stuck. Or maybe someone has done it and has had no issues? Thanks for letting me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its highly unlikely that anyone will come by and tell this. Your situation is very rare and there is hardly anyone who comes around to ´share exp´ after riding rails.

SOME countires have in fact limits on to how many kids an adult can take with him/her ´for free´- but it , if it happens at all, will boil down to buying an extra child-fare ticket, which will be much, much cheaper as passdays for short trips. Best is to ask at a counter before boarding-though in fact in many countries there are no more ticket counters open anymore-its all by machine for normal pax.