Solved

Trenes nocturnos en mi itinerario

• 16 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Antes de comprar mi pase deseo saber si mi itinerario cuenta con trenes nocturnos para las distancias mas largas como Venecia - Praga.

Mi viaje es : Roma - Venecia - Praga - Amsterdam - Paris 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 16 October 2022, 12:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

All trains operated by partner organisations are fine including night trains. If any train is operated by an operator not in the network (e.g. Italgo) will be identified in the Interrail planner. 

Most of the operators in the pass network are the national operators so the vast majority of trains in Europe are included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ON these sectors there are only a few overnite trains available-which you can easily check on a planner (do npot use app, bahn.com is best-and expect still many gaps for after dec=big timetable change).
Vnz-PrA: can use NJ till Wien=Vienna.

Pr->AMS: IF really wanted, can use NJ coming from Wien/Vienna-board somewhere OR go to München-the overnite ICE to Düsseldorf (need new passday for rest).

Ams->P is just 3,2 hrs on superfast en very expensive Thalys-or use overnite FLIX bus for less as the supplmt for the train

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

ON these sectors there are only a few overnite trains available-which you can easily check on a planner (do npot use app, bahn.com is best-and expect still many gaps for after dec=big timetable change).
Vnz-PrA: can use NJ till Wien=Vienna.

Pr->AMS: IF really wanted, can use NJ coming from Wien/Vienna-board somewhere OR go to München-the overnite ICE to Düsseldorf (need new passday for rest).

Ams->P is just 3,2 hrs on superfast en very expensive Thalys-or use overnite FLIX bus for less as the supplmt for the train

Why this fascination for going by bus when we are interrailers? Bus takes 6 to 8 hours and costs 20 to 30 euro. Thalys takes 4 hours and costs 32 euro.

I appreciate in the wilds of Scandinavia or The Balkans it may be the only option, but there are many rail alternatives between AMS and Paris that are cheaper than Thalys direct, that would appeal to me before being cramped on a long distance coach.

A few years ago I took a Flix bus from Nice airport to Genoa because it was cheap- no problem except stuck in seat for 3 hours , terrible onboard toilet, 30 mins late and a 25 min comfort break on the way. I now always go by train as Nice airport has brought in a  new free tram service to nearest rail station with half hourly service to Italy (One change at Ventimiglia).