Solved

Trenord - not in pasnetwork

The interrail app show by the train Mandello Del Lario - Olcio: not in passnetwork. But in my opinon is that not correct. In my information: is just a trenord train, right? And also in other trennord trains is interrail vallid. Why interrail would be not vallid in the train Lecce - Olcio???

icon

Best answer by mcadv 12 July 2022, 20:50

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The train is not of Trenord (wich only operates near Milan), but of Ferrovie del Sud Est FSE. Not part of Interrail network, but tickets are cheap. 

www.fseonline.it 

Thanks. I buy a ticket, but on the ticket they are writing: “Trenord” …… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lecco is in LOmbardia/north

Lecce is in heel of boot-far south east-where FSE runs

FSE was local and had so many debts-as they hardly ever went checking tickets and had very high cost of all types, that govmt was forced to take it over some time ago and its now officially owned by TrenItalia-but it will not accept passes etc.

TreNord is a merger of what once was FNM=NOrd MIlano, very busy commuter lines, old but well run and the dissatisfaction of regione Lombardia about how Tr-It delivered its service made them merge the 2. For many yrs it was even unclear how passes were accepted-on the old tr-It lines they kept it but only recently it was decided the whole network (except line to Malpense airport) would accept pass.

Region also has a fairly cheap and valid in all transport 3 and 5 day pass-LOViaggio.

Why someone would even bother to make all this trouble to buy a ticket long before when you can buy it on the spot from machine always escapes me.

Thanks. Exactly i am the owner at Treinrondreis.nl and we offer trips, based on Interrail. If we promise something is included in the package, and it isn't, we'll have to provide separate tickets for it. We send this question also to Interrail, but its not so fast as this forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks. Exactly i am the owner at Treinrondreis.nl and we offer trips, based on Interrail. If we promise something is included in the package, and it isn't, we'll have to provide separate tickets for it. We send this question also to Interrail, but its not so fast as this forum.

I assume you will be paying a consulting fee to those private individuals on this forum who are taking time out of their lives to assist your commercial endeavors then?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The trip between Olcio and Lecco is not included in our pass network, and this is stated when searching for the journey in the app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Claudi.Moll can you please check this with Trenord? It makes no sense, because all other trains of Trenord are included in the pass except Malpensa Express to Milan Airport. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The trip between Olcio and Lecco is not included in our pass network, and this is stated when searching for the journey in the app. 

@Claudi. 

Your statement is incorrect. These trains are run by Trenord and therefore automatically included. The app is wrong.

Please don't use the app to say whether the pass is valid or not. The app has many errors in this field. A topic was opened about this some time ago and I'll be posting more examples in it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@rvdborgt yes, but could be that before Trenitalia Lombardy and LeNord came together to Trenord, this line was eun by LeNord and there Interrail is also today not valid? Makes today no sense but maybe this is a possibility. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt yes, but could be that before Trenitalia Lombardy and LeNord came together to Trenord, this line was eun by LeNord and there Interrail is also today not valid? Makes today no sense but maybe this is a possibility. 

AFAIK all lines previously run by LeNord are included. The only exception is the Malpensa Express, as specified on the Italy page.

Hoever, I now see that according to the network guide in the app, Lecco - Piona is excluded. This makes no sense. There are regulare trains Lecco - Piona - Sondrio, which would then only have partial validity and the parallel fast trains Milan - Lecco - Sondrio - Tirano would be completely within validity.

This must be a mistake.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here we go again… Now some trains between Lecco and Sondrio are showing as not in pass network.

This will confuse a lot of travellers, esp. those going to Tirano and the Bernina Railway.

If you want to see it clearly search journeys between Lecco and Lierna.

I've contacted support but they're refering me to the Italy page (which is incorrect).

Who should I contact now ? Up until last week everything went well with that route...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mukhammad @Camilo. 

Could you please correct the Italy page and the information in the app that trains between Lecco and Piona are not included. That's incorrect.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I found today when searching all our journeys in the app that the connection between Lierna and Lecco is supposedly not in pass network. Is this correct or not? If it's incorrect then how do I get a qr code for the journey? It will be the first journey on that particular travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found today when searching all our journeys in the app that the connection between Lierna and Lecco is supposedly not in pass network. Is this correct or not? If it's incorrect then how do I get a qr code for the journey? It will be the first journey on that particular travel day.

That's incorrect. Just add the journey manually. You'll see a link to do that when you scroll down in the planner results.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks again @rvdborgt! Good to know that we'll be able to generate a valid qr code for that train ride as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mukhammad @Camilo. 

Could you please correct the Italy page and the information in the app that trains between Lecco and Piona are not included. That's incorrect.

I will report this. Thanks again for flagging this. 

Have a nice day!

Trains from Lecco to Sondrio (eg. RE 10324) still shows up as "not in pass network". It would be great if someone could confirm that the train is indeed included and that it is valid to add it manually to the psss. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @OlaJ,

I travelled on that line between Lierna and Lecco twice last month and added the journeys manually. The tickets were checked by a conductor and everything was fine, so you're good to go as far as I can tell!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. Any update on this? It should be very clear that these train are included.