Solved

Trips abroad/ Country of residence

• 1 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello, I need an advice. I have an Interrail Global Pass for 4 days in a month and traveled from my hometown in Germany to Spain on October 26th/27th. I want return via Paris and Basel on the 3rd/4th November. Now the App tells me: “Apparently you have used all your trips abroad/country of resicence. You have to buy a separate ticket.” Why? What can I do?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 November 2022, 13:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you post a screen shot of your Trip showing the trains you have taken? Remove any personal information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sie hätten da ja viel besser die alter Stil papir Pass gleich bei DB gekauft.

HOW did you make the trip out of DE/ You are only allowed 2 days out of the total to ALSO use in homecountry (auf papier muss mann dass bloss ion ein Sonderfeld ausfüllen). You did not give precise details about that, but most often that is the explanation. Many newbees confsue trips with days.

Hello AnnaB, do you mean all the trains, including the ones going to Spain, or just the ones I want to take back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All trains that you have added as Journeys in your Trip. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All trains that you have added as Journeys in your Trip. 

I'd say: in My Trip (Meine Reise), look for the travel days that have "In/Out” next to the date. Those are the dates when the app used an inbound/outbound journey. Then post details (best is screenshots) of all trains used on those days.

@Chrilon Hello! I am sorry to read this. Please note that if you boarded any trains that crossed Germany (your CoR), the app will also count them as outbound/inbound trips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Annie.  Why do you mark your answers directly as best answers? Sometimes it´s a bit to fast for me because we havent enough details to provide a good answer on this topic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Annie. You shouldn’t mark an answer as “best answer” if you haven’t solved the issue. Here no one knows what the problem is as the author hasn’t shared information about what travels that are made.

I think I found the problem. I used two days to get out of the country of residence, that was the mistake. Thank you for your helpfulness.