Solved

Trying to book seat reservations

• 24 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to book reservations for a trip to Angouleme and La Rochelle in June.  

Before buying my internal passes, it looked as though this would save money as the reservations would cost only 10E each, but now the website says there are none available, and when I go on B-Europe website the costs are higher, and then when I try and book I need a number from a paper pass, which I don’t have.  I’m booking from the UK so not possible to go into a French station, and as we have fairly limited time to travel, I don’t want to risk waiting until the day to book.

Are there any other ways to book seat reservations?  Also is it likely that there will be any cheaper reservations available if I wait, or do they get booked a long time in advance?  

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2022, 10:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

French domestic TGVs have 2 pass fares: 10€ (with limited availability) and 20€ (available until the train is full).

The Interrail website has a longstanding issue showing the 20€ reservations and will instead say there are no results.

You can book via the B-europe website (booking fee 4€ per order), for which @Nanja can provide you a pass cover number hopefully tomorrow. Alternatively, you can call French railways (press #85 for English) or Belgian railways. No booking fees but of course phone costs instead (the French number should be cheaper) and reservations are delivered via email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There should also be local=region TER trains on this line-for ´free´. Check the site ter.sncf.com. It seems very strange to me that by now the 10€ quota is already used-but maybe its so small or its for the total of the train-incl the expensive sections to/fro Paris.

Anyway-you probably dont fall from the sky in FR-so be there for a few days before-then you cando it yourself too at any large SNCF machine. Its most unlikely that this outer sector is ´full.-excpt perhaps le quatorze juillet (14/7=Bastiille day)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Emily, if you provide me with your order number via a private message I can send you a Pass Cover number.