Solved

Trying to Connect Trips for Family--Only Getting the Option to Choose Paper Pass from the App

Hello--I am struggling with adding a trip to the mobile app pass.  We are a family of 5.  I have activated the travel day and created unique trips under My Trips….but I receive only the option to connect to a paper pass when I try to add to My Pass.  I appreciate any help. I have reservations booked for these trips, as well. 

icon

Best answer by Stacy Reves Sandate 21 July 2022, 16:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have all passes connected to your phone? In that case you have to travel together all the time.

Have you followed the steps in the in instruction film?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

I have exactly the same problem as @Stacy Reves Sandate but I can not see that you got any solution to the problem. Please help!

I have connected the first travel day and trip to my mobile, where also my husband and childs mobile passes are registered. This worked fine, but when I try to add another journey the same day - the only option given for connection is Paper pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have exactly the same problem as @Stacy Reves Sandate but I can not see that you got any solution to the problem. Please help!

I have connected the first travel day and trip to my mobile, where also my husband and childs mobile passes are registered. This worked fine, but when I try to add another journey the same day - the only option given for connection is Paper pass.

Are you trying to create a new trip?

I have exactly the same problem as @Stacy Reves Sandate but I can not see that you got any solution to the problem. Please help!

Hi Sofi…..I never received a response from Eurail that answered this question, but I hope that I can be of assistance.  I was able to figure it out after several hours--and the online tutorial was neither helpful nor correct in its direction when multiple travelers are linked on one device.  The bottom line is that the tutorial mentions creating your trips and then linking them to your pass, which will not work electronically. 

You need to add the trips on to the initial trip for each traveler separately and activate travel days for each.  Do NOT create separate trips and then attempt to link.  I don’t have the app on my phone anymore to tell you the exact steps, but it involved adding a travel day and trip for each person in my family.  I was then able to see a QR code.  You will need to show the QR code as well as any printed reservations that you have for journeys that require a reservation (these are not visible within the app).  I hope that this helps.  It can be anxiety-provoking.  Have a great trip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Sofi 

If you have all passes on your phone, then you need a Trip for each person that is connected to that person's pass.

All journeys for a specific person have to be connected to the same Trip.

Can you please explain what you have done and what you are trying to do? You can post screen shots to explain. Delete any personal information.