Solved

Two separate return eurostar trips on one global pass?

• 28 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi - my partner and I are travelling from London to Paris for the rugby World Cup in 2023 and we are hoping to get the Eurostar for a match on 23rd September (returning two days later) and again on 7th October (returning two days later).

Is it possible to do this on the Global Interrail pass (4 days travel in 1 month)?

I have seen some things about a max number of travel days in your home country so don’t want to buy the pass if we won’t be able to use it as planned.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 28 December 2022, 23:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can travel on a maximum of 2 travel days (00.00-23.59 CET) in your country of residence, so your 2 return trips with the Eurostar will not be possible. However, the seat reservation fee for the Eurostar is about 30 EUR and as you can get a normal ticket from around 40 EUR it is not good value to get an Interrail pass for those trips. Check this right away as those Eurostar tickets are available now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

BUT if you live far away from LON and take in account the quite high normal GB-BR fares, it may work out better, even with this high surcharge, provided again you do both whole trips in 1 day. And hope+pray they will not be on strike again that day.