Solved

UK Tier 5 mobility visa; will I be able to buy interrail?

• 26 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I will be moving the the UK on a tier 5 mobility visa - will I be able to buy interrail as my partner is a UK citizen and we will obviously want to book together. Or would I have to get a eurorail ticket ? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 February 2022, 08:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The important factor is where you live. Once you live in the UK, you can buy an Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is in fact NO difference anymore since some 2-3 yrs between IR and EU-r. EXCEPT that EU-ril has no ´own country´ rule as obviously this country is outside of EUR. 

The official rule is that you must have stayed at least 6 monthes in a country to be able to call it ´own country´=this rule is mostly for  EURopeans living not in the country they have the ID of.

No idea what this type of visa means, and also you do not mention how long you are in UK already when you start travelling, but as you read: it may be very worthwhile for you to get EU-rl as it allows then also unlimited travel in the UK-noted for sky-high train prices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The official rule is that you must have stayed at least 6 monthes in a country to be able to call it ´own country´

Please, repeating this claim does not make it a fact. The six months rule was deleted from the Eurail/Interrail terms and conditions a long time ago.