Solved

Unable to activate QR code for my Interrail Global Pass

Hi, I bought the five day Interrail Global Pass for 1 month (I reside in Germany). I already used two days of my pass to travel from Düsseldorf to Paris. All worked well. For my 3rd journey, I would like to travel from Düsseldorf to Amsterdam. I therefore open the app, add a journey in my pass under the number 3, and then choose my preferred time and route. All works perfectly fine, but then I do not see this little button on the top right with the QR code symbol to basically “activate that journey” and get the ticket with the QR code. I did see it when I booked my journey from Düsseldorf to Paris, so I am assuming I also need it for my Amsterdam journey as well. For my 4th and 5th journey, I want to book a trip from Düsseldorf to Innsbruck, and the same issue occurs, i.e., I do not see that little QR button. Help needed please, thanks!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 11 May 2022, 10:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can use the Interrailpass just twice in the country of residence. 

You can use the left traveldays now just outside of Germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have travelled from Düsseldorf to Paris and back, then you have already used the outbound and inbound traveldays in Germany, your country of residence. You will have to purchase an ordinary ticket from Düsseldorf to the German border for your remaining trips.

The outbound/inbound rule says that you only can use 2 traveldays in your country of residence. 

Thank you AnnaB and seewulf. I have to say.. that is pretty shitty..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you AnnaB and seewulf. I have to say.. that is pretty shitty..

The whole idea with Interrail is to travel outside of your own country. For many years you had no traveldays in your home country so then you had to pay for all travels within your own country.