Solved

Understanding the 11 months validity

• 25 August 2022
  • 8 replies

My girlfriend and I bought a 3 months mobile global pass on the 10th of May, here in 2022. When is the last possible date that we can activate and hereby begin our 3 months interrail trip? Just to be sure that we understand the 11-months principle. Sincerely, Karen and Anders from Denmark.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 25 August 2022, 15:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

10th of April 2023 is the last possible activation date and the start date that you choose when activating the pass cannot be later than 10/4 2023.

Thank you for the quick reply, Anna! So if we want to, we can be on our 3 months interrail from the 10th of April to the 10th of July, 2023 (or of course, anytime before that) - correct? :) - Anders

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you for the quick reply, Anna! So if we want to, we can be on our 3 months interrail from the 10th of April to the 10th of July, 2023 (or of course, anytime before that) - correct? :) - Anders

Yes, but it is important that you make sure it is commenced before the deadline.

As this is one of the 50% off promotional passes you have very limited options if you let it expire as Interrail will not refund them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you start on 10 April, then the pass will be valid up to and including 9 July.

Hello everyone,

I also bought a 3 months pass on the 11th of May 2022 (Interrail Global Pass) and I need to know what is the latest date to activate the pass. I think it’s 10th April 2023.

I received this answer from the chatbot but I’d like to clarify what does it mean “if you want to start later”:

“The Pass can only be used while it's active. Before and after that, you will need normal tickets. If you have activated your Pass, but want to start later, you can change the activation date before the first travel day. Just remove that journey from the Pass.”

This is very important to me in order to plan my trip and organize everything to leave my company.

Thanks in advance for your answer(s) 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The latest activation date and the latest start date is 11 months after purchase.

If you activate your pass earlier than 11 months after purchase you can set a start date later than the activation date, but not later than 11 months after purchase. 

Did this answer your question?

The latest activation date and the latest start date is 11 months after purchase.

If you activate your pass earlier than 11 months after purchase you can set a start date later than the activation date, but not later than 11 months after purchase. 

Did this answer your question?

I think yes, it means that I have to activate and book the first travel on the 10/04/2023 latest if I’m correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't need to travel only because you have started the validity of your pass. You can wait with travelling but the validity of your pass has to start at the 10th of April 2023.