Solved

URGENT CURRENTLY TRAVELING: one of our passes cannot be added it says: Your details don't match

• 21 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello we are currently stranded on train station, please help.

Pass can’t be added. Error says: Your details don't match
You can find the right last name and Pass number in your confirmation email. Make sure you have a mobile Pass and not a paper Pass.

Already contacted eurail but they say reply is within 2 days we are already traveling T_T

So Pass cannot even be added, therefore not validated too. We are planning to do a lot of travelling, so this pass is absolutely needed and therefore we cannot move now.

We bought 6 MOBILE passes, only 1 had this issue. We can assure that the details on last name and pass number is perfectly matched because we already use copy and paste over and over, and even used four mobile devices (iOS & Android) to try input the pass, the application is up to date.

Please guide us on how to resolve this problem because when we go to the train’s local customer services here are extremely nonchalant, rude, and did not help at all.

The issue is most likely from eurail’s information on pass number error or something.

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 21 April 2023, 13:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You didn't add extra spaces?

Also see:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/articles/7561150162973-I-cannot-activate-my-Pass-Those-details-don-t-match-error

If you contact customer support, mention the pass number and that you are travelling now.

I absolutely did not. I have inputted 5 other passes successfully, so I am pretty sure that I know how to copy & paste correctly. The device remains same. The mistake is on the pass given most likely.

The email reply from consumer support is that I have to wait up to two days. I am traveling now already. I am seeking community help for prompt help. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately, there's nothing the community can do if the activation doesn't work with this error.

I do know support requests are handled according to when people are travelling, with people travelling now having the highest priority.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

AS an absolute last minute action you could buy another mobile pass and use the exchange pass feature as it has not been activated. The worst case is a cost of 15 euro (plus the cost of the second pass which will be refunded later), I am sure Interrail would be sympathetic and consider avoiding the 15 euro charge, especially if it turns out to be a fault on their part.

AS an absolute last minute action you could buy another mobile pass and use the exchange pass feature as it has not been activated. The worst case is a cost of 15 euro (plus the cost of the second pass which will be refunded later), I am sure Interrail would be sympathetic and consider avoiding the 15 euro charge, especially if it turns out to be a fault on their post.

What is the recommended course of action if one needs to use the exchange pass feature of a mobile pass that hasn't been activated? Looking forward to your response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is the recommended course of action if one needs to use the exchange pass feature of a mobile pass that hasn't been activated?

That is explained here:

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

I absolutely did not. I have inputted 5 other passes successfully, so I am pretty sure that I know how to copy & paste correctly. The device remains same. The mistakes is on the pass given most likely.

The email reply from consumer support is that I have to wait up to two days. I am traveling now already. I am seeking community help for prompt help. Thanks

If you're unable to reach customer support immediately, you may also try the following general troubleshooting steps, Ensure that the details you entered while adding the pass match the information provided accurately. Pay close attention to spellings, capitalization, and any special characters. Confirm that your account information, such as name, email, or any other required details, are correct and up to date. If you are using a web browser or mobile app, clearing your cache and cookies might help resolve any temporary issues or conflicts that could be causing the mismatch.