Solved

URGENT: Error adding Traveller's Pass Code (Paper Pass) to Interrail App

• 17 October 2021
  • 2 replies

A friend and I are currently travelling through Sweden. To reserve seats in Swedish trains (which is required) interrailers must digitally reserve seats through the Interrail app. When attempting to add my paper pass to the mobile app, everything works fine until I have to fill in the Paper Pass' Pass Code. This consistrntly produces an error due to an incorrect / invalid pass code. The error: "Your Pass Code Doesn't Seem right" keeps appearing, altough I am certain that the Pass Code is correct on paper (starting with 'I', 8 digit numbers. After browsing the forums I noticed many people with a similar issue, and it tends to be a technical hiccup on Interrail's side. This is correct right?

Both in person at trainstations or SJ's (Swedish Rail) website don't sell seat reservations separately. Due to this I have been stuck in Gothenburg, and it is starting to get costly :( Please help me out ASAP (providing me with a new code?), I would be more than willing to call / email concerning this, as my trip is starting to get postponed badly.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 October 2021, 19:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A friend and I are currently travelling through Sweden. To reserve seats in Swedish trains (which is required) interrailers must digitally reserve seats through the Interrail app.

Both in person at trainstations or SJ's (Swedish Rail) website don't sell seat reservations separately.

There is no requirement to make reservations via the Interrail app. SJ do sell Interrail reservations on their website sj.se.:

Click on "Add SJ Prio/Commuter ticket/Rail pass” and then you can select "Interrail or Eurailpass”:

While it is true that at rail stations, SJ strangely enough don't sell these reservations, there are ticket agents / travel agents, often located in tourist offices near stations, that do. They should be recognisable by a certain logo but I've forgotten which one that is. SJ employees should know all of this. Please complain to SJ that they should improve their information.

In addition, if you don't manage to make a reservation, just approach the staff of the train you want to take and say that nobody was able to sell a reservation or could tell you where you could do that. You won't be the first one.

@rvdborgt Thanks so much for the timely and detailed reply! I’ll figure it out I’m sure. As you said, between the interrail app, SJ’s app, their website, etc. it’s very confusing without talking to someone (knowledgeable) in person. Thanks once again! (: 

Cian