Solved

Use the inbound day as second outbound day

• 2 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello 

I have a question regarding the use of the in and outbound days. My plan is to go from near Munich to Hamburg and then the next day from Hamburg to  Kopenhagen (as the travel time from my hometown which is south of Munich to Kopenhagen would be way too long for one day) Is it possible to use in this case both days (in- and outbound) for these two days? 

thank you for your replies! 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 2 January 2023, 22:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes it is possible, but keep in mind that after this 2 days you can’t use any trains in your homecountry. 

An other option is to use the night ICE Munich-Hamburg (with change over in Frankfurt) departing at 00:01 at München Hbf. From 4:13 there are hourly trains Munich-Hamburg. But it depends how to get to Munich.

Hi Angelo, 

Thank you for your fast reply.

This would also be an option, thank you for the idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Angelo, 

Thank you for your fast reply.

This would also be an option, thank you for the idea!

Another option is to catch from Hamburg one of the late trains to Copenhagen
e.g. the seasonal Night IC from Hamburg to Copenhagen
or the Nighttrains operated by SJ or Snälltoget :)

Another option is to use from Hamburg to the Border cheap regional tickets or (if it finally comes) the “Deutschland Ticket” till the Border in Flensburg/Padborg :)

These are also good options. Thanks! (And the Deutschlandticket hopefully comes soon) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oder-falls dann noch nicht da-das S-H landesticket, aber dann mit RE und erst ab 9.00 sollte wohl das billigste sein.

Falls du am ende rück nach M wollst (wo ich gerade heute abend hin gehe), dann ist WestBahn ab Sbg am billigsten-sollte bloss 9,90 sein.