Solved

Used up in&outbound journeys of 2-month interrail mobile pass, can I still travel outside of country of my residence?

Hello everyone,

I am currently living in Switzerland, and I bought a 2-month Interrail Mobile Global Pass for the upcoming summer. However, not fully awaring of the rule about in/outbound trips, I used up my two in/outbound trips in two days. Now though I still have 58 days left, I couldn’t activate any journy at all, even those entirely outside of Switzerland (country of my residence). But in the terms it doesn’t state that all journeys should be made inbetween the in-/out-bound journeys, and it makes no sense as well like that. Since I’ve already booked some seats for trains in France and other countries, it’s urgent for me to figure out if I am still able to travel with this pass in Europe except Switzerland.

To specify, my question is: Can I use the Interrail Mobile Global Pass to travel in countries outside Switzerland, after using out my in/outbound journeys? If so, how can I add tickets in the Rail Planner App?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can give me some ideas.

Best regards.

*now when I tried adding tickets (fully in Germany), it’s like this page in the App:

icon

Best answer by Angelo 6 June 2022, 20:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to start the journey in a German station. Basel Bad Bf are technically German train but in the app as swiss stations. 

If you can say to us, which route you are trying.

You have to start the journey in a German station. Basel Bad Bf are technically German train but in the app as swiss stations. 

If you can say to us, which route you are trying.

Thank you Angelo. Actually I have just solved my problem. I got trouble when trying adding tickets just because Konstanz and Lindau they are both border cities (to Switzerland). I suppose that in this case they also require valid in/outbound trips so that I failed. And now it works to add trips entirely in other countries and not on the border.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you Angelo. Actually I have just solved my problem. I got trouble when trying adding tickets just because Konstanz and Lindau they are both border cities (to Switzerland). I suppose that in this case they also require valid in/outbound trips so that I failed. And now it works to add trips entirely in other countries and not on the border.

Actually, Lindau is the tariff border point between Austria and Germany… Konstanz is correct.