Solved

Using global pass multiple times in home country

• 14 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi guys,

I have never used a global pass. The thing is that I need to be in Berlin twice this month, can I use the global pass 4 days in 1 month for that? I will travel from Amsterdam to Berlin on two different dates.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 14 October 2022, 14:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As you only can travel in your country of residence on a maximum of two travel days this will not be possible if your country of residence is the Netherlands  (or Germany).

I live in the Netherlands, I normally have a free pass to travel in the Netherlands. So I will travel from Amsterdam to Berlin next week and the 15th of November I would travel again from Amsterdam to Berlin and back. So then it would be possible right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is possible, but if you only will make those trips you definitely not need a global pass. There is the German Rail Pass, which only is valid in Germany and on a very few international routes, but you should also check the price for normal tickets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Voor dit-als je nu kan vastleggen voor wanneer-en liever niet VR/ZO-dan zullen gewone SparPreis tickets rond de 39/49 kosten, minder als die 4-dg pas. Maar op zich kan dat heel goed-combi NL/NS (geldt tot grens) en vanaf daar pas-dat doe ik al 2 mnd met vrijwel elke week in/uit.