Solved

Validity of the pass

• 17 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello to all, i have a second question about the pass!!

iI would like to know if the smartphone pass is valid in all stations even in small villages?

I wouldn't want to have any surprises in Western Europe

icon

Best answer by Sven 18 December 2021, 04:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The mobile pass has the same validity as the paper pass.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello to all, i have a second question about the pass!!

iI would like to know if the smartphone pass is valid in all stations even in small villages?

I wouldn't want to have any surprises in Western Europe

Some "small" train companies are not valid with Interrail.

There is no difference between the paper and digital pass in terms of validity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is not so much about stations, but about TRAINS-companies. These differ per country and minor ones do not accept EU/INterRail. These are listed on the country-info in the general site-but unfortunately this is incomplete in some countries or even sometimes misleading. Thats the fault of the major train company in those countries-who often have conflicts with the newcomers. The system was based on state-owned behemoth burocratic entities that did all trains-but this is changing.
Hence it is quite possible that in some stations you may use train of comp. A and not of B!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not so much about stations, but about TRAINS-companies. These differ per country and minor ones do not accept EU/INterRail. These are listed on the country-info in the general site-but unfortunately this is incomplete in some countries or even sometimes misleading.

Please post any incorrect or misleading info on this forum.