Solved

Validity Period is set for Jul 8, but I want to travel Jul 7.

Hi there!

I purchased an Interrail Global pass for 2 months. The app states a Validity Period  of“8 Jul - 7 Sept. I did not choose this myself. Seems to happen automatically. I however would like to make my first travel day 7 Jul. At the moment, I cannot activate the journey for 7 Jul. The app says that I do not have travel days left. 

Does anyone know how I can start travelling on Jul 7? Please note that my country of residence is NL, but I will make my first journey from DE to NL.

I added some screenshots to clarify.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 25 June 2022, 15:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to remove all trips connected to the pass and then deactivate the pass. When you activate your pass again you can choose a new start date.

When you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts.

The advice is also never to activate a travel day until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day

Wow, that was quick, Thank you!