Skip to main content

Hi. Will I be able to use the Eurail Global Pass from Frankfurt Main train station to Rudesheim Am Rhein? I was checking the DB app and the train line is only showing the VIAS Gmbh operator. Is there any other operator from Frankfurt Main to Rudesheim where I can use the Eurail Global pass? I can’t find any DB and RE train lines. Thank you.

Hi  @Wowiecs 

You can find a list of the private operatrors that accept the pass here:

https://www.eurail.com/content/dam/_new-structure/doc/res/Germany_RegionalOperators_PassAcceptance_2023.pdf

You can also see this information by searching the timetable in the Rail Planner. It is indicated if the pass if not valid (search “Ruedesheim”, in German the exact name is Rüdesheim, “ü” is “ue” in the Rail Planner).

Thank you Danhiel. If the train is not shown in the Rail Planner, then it means that it is not included in the pass. Is this correct?

@Wowiecs 

Yes, this is correct, but sometimes you can also find trains that are not included in the pass (for example Flixtrain in Germany). In this case you have an information and you cannot activate the journey and show the ticket (QR code) if you select only this train.

You can see informations about other restrictions (mandatory reservations, surcharges for example).

Thanks for pointing that out. It is very helpful.