Solved

Warszawa to Cologne

• 1 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! 

I would like to know how I can to arrive from Warszawa to Cologne.

We arrive to Warszawa on 11 August at 12:00 am and we have to take a plane in Cologne 13 August at 6:10 am. 

We don't know how to do this route because the trains I find require a reservation but they are full and they don't allow reservations. Do you know where I can book separately? Do you know of any alternative routes through other countries that give us time to arrive?

Thank you!

Pilar

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 August 2023, 20:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations within Germany are optional (although recommended in ICE) and can be booked in many places such as bahn.com, tockets.oebb.at, cd.cz.

Reservations from Poland to Germany cannot be booked online. They can be booked at a ticket office though, in principle also in other countries than Poland or Germany especially in central Europe. You can also book until the last station in Poland on intercity.pl. The staff don't seem to mind, although officially you need a reservation until at least the first station in Germany.

If interrail.eu cant find a price, then that doesn't necessarily mean the train is full. That's just one of the possible causes. For Poland the connection with the reservation system is too often a problem.

Where are you now? Have you asked at a ticket office where they sell international reservations?

Which trains would you like to book? (for each train: route, date, departure time)