I am a german citizen currently living in Spain for an Erasmus-Semester. I want to travel to Germany and Austria for some visits but I am not sure about the Outbound/Inbound Journey Rules. Can somebody help me?
- What is my Homecountry? Germany (as I am noted there as citizen) or Spain (as I am actually living there at the moment and that would also be from where the Journey starts and ends)
- This would be my Travel Plan:
- Cordoba-Lübeck. This is a 2 day trip. On the first day it would be from Cordoba (Spain) to Biel (Switzerland) via France. The second day of the journey is from Biel (Switzerland) to Lübeck (Germany).
- From Lübeck (Germany) I want to go to Würzburg (Germany). Is this homecountry travelling or not?
- From Würzburg (Germany) to Vienna (Austria).
- From Vienna (Austria) back to Cordoba. Also a 2 day trip. First day is Vienna - Avignon (France) via Switzerland, NOT! passing through Germany. Second day is Avignon (France) to Cordoba.
The way I see it, if Spain counts as my homecountry, this journey would be possible, right? Only on day where I am leaving the country and one day where I am coming back to my country.
If Germany counts as my homecountry, it’s more difficult and probably not possible this way right? Would it then be possible, to go from Lübeck (Germany) to Vienna (Austria) with a non-Interrail-Ticket and continue the Journey from Austria? The question is, if the Journey has to be consecutive, so do I have to continue it from the city where I arrived?
Best answer by rvdborgtView original