Solved

What trains are includes in global eurail pass

• 21 December 2023
  • 8 replies

I am planning to visit Europe on 28th December to 12 Jan. I am planning to buy eurail global pass for 15 days. Will it cover all my travel needs. Like when I am doing sightseeing in Paris or Switzerland the internal trains are included in it or not. Like when I will go from Paris airport to hotel I can use that pass? 

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 21 December 2023, 14:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In Paris, RER trains are not included unfortunately. Metro isn’t included anywhere.

In Switzerland, most trains are included, only a few branch or tourist lines are not included.

See this page for more information:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm#Switzerland

It includes a link to a map with included lines.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad the map on the Switzerland pages for Interrail and Eurail is outdated. A newer one clearly exists, since Seat61 has it, so could you please update these pages? Also, please use a better resolution for the image or just use the PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Most trains are included, let’s say roughly 97%. Some exceptions: touristic railways in Switzerland (Towards the Jungfraujoch). City traffic, like metro’s, buses, trams and the Parisian RER and Transilien (suburban train) are not included.

See this rough overview: https://www.eurail.com/en/plan-your-trip/trip-ideas/trains-europe/useful-train-information/participating-railway-companies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

In Paris, RER trains are not included unfortunately. Metro isn’t included anywhere.

In Switzerland, most trains are included, only a few branch or tourist lines are not included.

See this page for more information:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm#Switzerland

It includes a link to a map with included lines.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad the map on the Switzerland pages for Interrail and Eurail is outdated. A newer one clearly exists, since Seat61 has it, so could you please update these pages? Also, please use a better resolution for the image or just use the PDF.

Thanks @rvdborgt to let us know about it!

So far I can see that the content of the map has no change. Could you point out if I miss something there?

But I agree that the image resolution is not as detailed as the one on Seat61

Thanks a lot for the answers. So for sightseeing in Paris this pass will not work. And is there any app which can help in booking trains with global pass ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @rvdborgt to let us know about it!

So far I can see that the content of the map has no change. Could you point out if I miss something there?

There are changes: passes are now valid to Grindelwald, Wengen and Mürren.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @rvdborgt to let us know about it!

There are changes: passes are now valid to Grindelwald, Wengen and Mürren.

Thanks for pointing it out. I will check it internally and deliver the update request :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks a lot for the answers. So for sightseeing in Paris this pass will not work. And is there any app which can help in booking trains with global pass ? 

There isn't an app that can do everything. Where best to book depends on country, operator, etc.

Have a look here:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

If that doesn't work for you, then please mention route, date and departure times of the train(s) you're trying to book.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello everyone and @rvdborgt,

FYI the map on the Switzerland pages has been updated. Feel free to check it on Interrail and Eurail

Have a nice week!