Solved

Whats on in Italy on Saturday November 11, 2023?

• 26 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

The reason I ask is that I’m trying to make some reservations from Paris to Rome on that day. Ideally changing trains in Turin or Milan.

We can get a reservation that morning as far as Turin or Milan, but train services past that seem to be nigh on unbookable.

No reservations available south of these cities, and very few paid tickets of any form - nothing high speed at all.

The message against the services listed is:
“Prices unavailable

No price results were found. Pass holder reservations may be sold out for this connection, but there are other ways to check for available seats—more info below our timetable.”

It seems to be the situation for the Saturday (11/11) and Sunday (12/11) where this is in full effect too.

Tried the OBB site and they don’t have anything at all - message against all services is “Ticket Not Available”

icon

Best answer by Al_G 26 August 2023, 07:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Blanket unavailability 3 months in advance is not because all trains are booked out, it will be because they haven’t been released for booking.

Holding back  schedules is normally done when there is possible engineering works on the lines and they haven’t yet finalised the timetable for those days.

All you can do is hold tight and wait for these to be released whenever Trainitalia get it sorted.

Badge

We’re looking ~75 days in advance, and reservations and full bookings are available bother the week before and the week afterwards. Really appears to be something special in Italy around that weekend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo Do you have any information regarding this?

Badge

The worst thing about this is if you look at available fares when NOT logged on, the reservation costs come up fine.

As soon as i Log in to book, the error message appears as above.

Frustrating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is because until you're logged in the website does not give availability/up-to-date infos, it only shows the "generic" 13€ (+2€ fee) price.

I wouldn't worry at all. November is still a long way and not a busy period at all. There are likely engineering works and the finalised timetable will be published in the coming weeks.

Badge

Sounds feasible - it’s like every high speed service south of Milan and Turin that appears to be effected that weekend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello thanks for flagging @AnnaB, sorry for the late reply. 

On trenitalia.com there is also not possible to book any high speed train for this two days. This means there are works on the line and they have to wait for the timetable. Please check for the next weeks or look on it in 1 month. Normally trains do not get full in Italy (except like Christmas or Summer weekends), booking should be possible some days before for all trains.