Solved

Which trains to use in Italy

• 8 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello! In the coming weeks, me and my husband will be travelling Italy via public transport. We are looking to buy an Interrail pass, but are confused as to which trains we will be allowed to take with this pass. Are we only allowed to take the trains operated by Trenitalia, or also local trains operated by Ente Autonomo Volturno, for example? We would love to know soon, as we will be travelling tomorrow. We thank you for your help in advance!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 8 July 2021, 22:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ente Autonomo Volturno  is in my experience not covered but maybe show your pass at the ticket office sometimes they give a discount even if not promoted on the Pass Benefit Pages of Eurail/Interrail. 

Bestway is to use the Railplanner together with a local Railplanner. Trains of Trenitalia are covered but the High Speed services need a Reservation (Price is 10€ per train/Seat) carefull there is another company named “Italo” this company doesn´t recognie Railpasses :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, Ente Autonomo Volturno is not included. For more information on trains in Italy, have a look here. To see which train carriers are covered by the Pass specifically, you can have a look here. As seewulf mentioned, you can use the Railplanner app to see if extra seat reservations are required on the trains you wish to take.