Solved

Why don't you offer free 0-3yo child passes when buying?

• 22 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello! I'm unhappy with my purcahse of the passes... I just bought two adult passes because I know our 2 year old travels free with adults. However, only now starting to make seat reservations i realized its not possible to book our child her own seat without adding her in an adult pass - which apparently is not possible anymore. It is VERY MISLEADING that when purchasing passes the only option for a free child pass is for a 4-11 year old. So of course i didn’t pick this. Should I have picked this for our 2 year old if I wanted to make seat reservations for her? I was very thorough when planning the trip and the interrail passes and still this didn’t come up beforehand. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 23 April 2023, 07:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The information is on the Interrail website: if you want to make seat reservations for a child under 4, then the child needs her/his own children's pass.

You can't add a children's pass after buying the adult pass so hopefully you have an exchangeable pass so that you can make an exchange of passes. The conditions of your pass is in the confirmation email. An exchange, if possible, will cost 15 EUR and you then buy a new adult pass with a children's pass. 

Information about how to make an exchange of passes is avaliable in your Interrail account.