Solved

Will Leonardo Express journey count as a travel day?

Hi.  My family is visiting Italy this summer.  We purchased a 1st Class, 3-Day pass before COVID hit and you all have been great about making sure the trip still happened two years later.  I was reading that the Leonardo Express into Rome was free with a 1st Class Pass.  

If my family used the passes to ride the Leonardo Express, would it count as one of the travel days on the pass?

Thank you for you time.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 May 2022, 18:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes it counts as 1 travel day. On this day you can than use so many trains that you can catch. And with nighttrains you can arrive on the next day without using a new travel day because you don’t exited from the train after midnight. 

Thanks.  That helps.  We bought the passes two years ago before COVID.  We’ve got the three days planned, so we’ll need to price out each leg of the trip.  I know the Leonardo price is more than one of our planned train trips.  So, this information helps.  Thank you.

But here’s a question, is it a “perk” of the 1st class pass, or truly a travel day (one of the three included in the pass)?  Perhaps I’m overthinking. 

Can anyone from Eurail answer this?  Angelo, are you from Eurail or have you done this before?
I’m trying to prevent any issues when traveling with my family.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

But here’s a question, is it a “perk” of the 1st class pass, or truly a travel day (one of the three included in the pass)?  Perhaps I’m overthinking. 

Can anyone from Eurail answer this?  Angelo, are you from Eurail or have you done this before?
I’m trying to prevent any issues when traveling with my family.

@Angelo said it before in this conversation. Of course you have to use a travel day for this connection.

If you will only travel with this train on this day, it is better not to use your pass, but to buy a regular ticket.