Solved

Wrong country of residence

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I already did 2/4 of my pass but its the first time im using a global pass so i didnt know the meaning of the in and out thing. I choose France for residance country but actually it is Belgium. 

I know you cant change it and you have to ask for a refund. Is that also possible if you have open trips on the pass? I dont know what to do now.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 14 April 2023, 21:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you travel already ? If your pass is only activated for a future date, deactivate it right now and you might get a refund (unless it is stated as non-refundable in your confirmation email if you bought it during certain sales).

No i didnt travel yet but i bought the seats. How do you deactivate it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations are completely separate from the pass. You do not need a pass to buy reservations so no need to cancel them if you still intend to travel with the new pass. However if you want to cancel the whole trip, then you'll need to check if they are refundable. What is the journey and where did you book them ?

I believe you haven't activated your pass then.

I definitely will travel with the pass. 

I do a trip from Montpellier to Belgium from the 5th till the 7th of May to see my family again because im on Erasmus here. 

I tought i could use the pass to go back to Belgium at the end of my Erasmus (its still possible then). But now i saw that i used France as my residence and not Belgium. So i have an out and an in for France already with the surprise visit in May 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes you can buy a new pass with Belgium as your country of residence (COR) without needing to cancel reservations. Then you'll be able to use the 2 days in your COR : 5th and 7th May. Remember that those are not extra days, they are part of the numbers of days you've chosen.

But first check if you can get the first pass refunded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I understand it correctly you want to travel from France to Belgium and back in in the beginning of May, and then back to Belgium again.

This will not be possible, no matter if you have France or Belgium as you country of residence, as you have 3 travel days in both France and Belgium. You can only travel on a maximum of 2 travel days in your country of residence. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yep you might have understood right Anna !

Anyway @Marie Warlop tickets between Lille and Brussels are quite cheap. So with Belgium as your COR you'll still be able to travel on a 3rd day to Lille with the pass and then buy a 19-20€ ticket to Brussels or somewhere else in Belgium.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you made a genuine mistake and can prove your country of residence, then deactivate your pass and contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

They can change it. They may ask for some proof of course. Include your order number.