Solved

Wrong country of residence

Hello,

Last week i started my interrail trip from Vienna - city of residence - to Stuttgart. I was using one of my inbounds/outbounds and everything was fine so far. Today I tried to book my trains to France and realized that the country of residence, mentioned on my pass is Germany - maybe cause I have German id, but just living here for summer -. Is there any chance to change the county of residence after already activating the pass? Would be really helpful cause I planned Germany as the spot where I will start all my travels.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Nanja 13 July 2021, 14:55

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi, if you have entered the number of your German ID in the check out, this is the one showing on your Pass as your country of residence. If your Pass had not been activated yet, we would have been able to change the information for you (with a mobile Pass). That is not the case here unfortunately. If you have already used your inbound and outbound trip for travel in Germany, you will need to purchase point-to-point tickets for the rest of the trips in Germany. Enjoy the rest of your trip :relaxed:

Thanks Nanja for your fast answer.

I am a bit confused because Germany is not my country of residence even though I have to pay for all the trips, when crossing the border to Germany - i pay for a trip that should have been for free…

Is there really no chance to change it after the activation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I would suggest to get in touch with our Customer Support team by submitting your question here to look into your particular case.

Hello,

Is there a direct number we can call?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi Mikael, we do not have a phonenumber. You can get in touch with our Customer Support by submitting your question here

Hello,

I have the same problem (wrong country of residence on Pass) and I sent a message to customer service, using the above link, a week ago but I still haven’t received help. I will be traveling in France, my supposed “country of residence” soon and I don’t know what to do if I cannot use my pass to travel there!

Kelly

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi, it has been flagged. They will get back to you today, at the soonest possible moment. Cheers, 

Thank you Nanja, they solved my problem!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Happy to hear that! Have a great day :relaxed:

Hello , i have exactly the same issue. I did a booking for my girlfriend and myself and her residence is not correct. I emailed the customer service two weeks ago and im still waiting for an answer. We are traveling in 5 days , Can you please help ? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Nanja  is currently in holiday but maybe @Leo  can suggest a way what to do :) Via Twitter or Facebook i had always the fastest contact to the Customer Service :)

@Nanja  is currently in holiday but maybe @Leo  can suggest a way what to do :) Via Twitter or Facebook i had always the fastest contact to the Customer Service :)

Thanks seewulf , the problem is solved they contacted me already :) 

I also have the same problem 

I have not yet added an outbound journey but would like to do it soon! My country of residence is as Germany but I am here only for the winter

Is there a quick solution for the same?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi, if you need to have your country of residence changed on your Pass, you'll need to contact our Customer Support team here.