Solved

Wrong country of residence

Hello,

my name is Finn. I bought an Interrail ticket with a 50% discount.

The country of residence on my ticket is Germany, but I actually live in Austria.

I haven't activated the pass yet. Is it possible to change the country of residence from Germany to Austria?

Best regards 

Finn

icon

Best answer by Nanja 9 August 2022, 20:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is only Customer Support who can help you with this. Use this form to contact them.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.

If you are a German citizen you need to somehow prove that you are a resident of Austria when you travel and have Austria as country of residence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also mann muss ganz bestimmt ein offizieller Ausweis vom AT-Standamt dabei haben-falls es eine an sich sehr seltene GrundKontrolle gibt.

Also ich hab halt eine Meldebestätigung, die ich dann auch immer mitnehmen werde. Die reicht auch?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also ich hab halt eine Meldebestätigung, die ich dann auch immer mitnehmen werde. Die reicht auch?

Das sollte reichen.

Es wird mir immer gesagt, dass es nicht möglich sei, die Adresse zu ändern. 

Gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit trotzdem in Deutschland zu fahren. 

Kann ich zum Beispiel meine Meldebestätigung bei mir tragen und jedes mal mit dem Zugpersonal erklären, dass meine eigentliche Adresse in Österreich ist und der interrail-Pass in Deutschland gültig sein sollte?

Danke für eure Antworten

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).

Es wird mir immer gesagt, dass es nicht möglich sei, die Adresse zu ändern. 

Gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit trotzdem in Deutschland zu fahren. 

Kann ich zum Beispiel meine Meldebestätigung bei mir tragen und jedes mal mit dem Zugpersonal erklären, dass meine eigentliche Adresse in Österreich ist und der interrail-Pass in Deutschland gültig sein sollte?

Danke für eure Antworten

Konntest du das irgendwie umgehen? Hat es irgendwie geklappt? Ich bin auch in einer ähnlichen Situatlion mit falschen COR-Angabe beim Purchase. :(