Solved

Wrong country of residence

Hello friends! 

I have an urgent situation – when I booked my interrail pass, I mistakenly entered Germany as my country of residence as this is where I planned to depart from. My actual country of residence is UK. I only realised the mistake after starting my journey, and since I have already travelled through Germany twice, I cannot do so again, which will effectively ruin my trip!

I have tried to reach out to customer support, but have not yet received any feedback.

Can an Interrail/Eurail representative please get in contact with me. I am meant to travel tomorrow and need this problem fixed ASAP!

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Nanja 22 August 2022, 17:53

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm not sure if this can really be fixed:

Especially since the pass is already in use.

Do you have documentation to show you live in the UK?

Yes! I have my passport and can provide other proof of address. Thanks for such a quick reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes! I have my passport and can provide other proof of address. Thanks for such a quick reply. 

A passport is no proof (it's in fact irrelevant for residency) but a government-issued proof of address should be OK.

@Felipe.iturrieta what are the possibilities in such a case?

In the UK we don’t have a government issued proof of address, like an ID card. I could show a bank statement instead?

I haven't activated and used my ticket yet, I also have government issued proof of address but still they dont help. It is also impossible to reach customer service.I have never seen anything with such bad service

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I’m meant to start travelling in 5 days on July 6th and customer support still haven’t answered me.

I put France as my country of residence because my passport is French but I’ve been living in the UK for two years and I’d like that country to be the start and end points of my trip.

I’ve already made reservations and I don’t think I’ll be able to change them so I really need someone from Eurail to change my mobile pass’s country of residence. I can provide evidence, of course.

Please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m meant to start travelling in 5 days on July 6th and customer support still haven’t answered me.

I put France as my country of residence because my passport is French but I’ve been living in the UK for two years and I’d like that country to be the start and end points of my trip.

I’ve already made reservations and I don’t think I’ll be able to change them so I really need someone from Eurail to change my mobile pass’s country of residence. I can provide evidence, of course.

We can't do anything in this community. Did you mention to customer service when you will start your trip? It is not enough to say your request is urgent. Also mention that the text in the "Traveller details” section of the checkout is misleading, since passports don't mention the country of residence but the text insists that country of residence must match your passport.

I’ve mentionned it and they said I was in the queue for custommer service requests but still nothing has changed and I’m starting to worry a lot. I’m meant to travel tomorrow.

I have the same issue and am due to travel in a day. No reply from customer service. Please can someone help me out. 

hi
I haven't been able to reach anyone for weeks. I started Interrail on July 2nd. Since I came to France for a short time, I used my address information in France. but normally I am a Turkish citizen and I live in Turkey. For this reason, I cannot travel to France and its neighboring countries. I can only enter and exit France twice. So I want to fix this situation. First of all, instead of buying Interrail again, I have to buy the Eurail pass. and then they should change the passport and country information on my pass with a 15 euro fee. Should this process be like this? but normally I use a 2-month unlimited pass, but since I haven't been able to reach customer service for 1 month, I only have 1 month travel pass left. In this case, should I only buy a 1-month eurail pass for free change? The second question is when will they send my money back. I am traveling and I need money How soon will they send me the money? I'm so sorry my whole trip has been ruined and I can't reach anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).