Solved

Wrong residence on the Pass

• 2 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I bought Interrail tickets for my mother and me since she'll visit me in Germany in March and afterward we'd like to travel through Europe together.

I'm studying in Germany and have a residence permit as a student so, I use my ID and information to buy the ticket. However, I just saw that we both have Germany as a place of Residence in the pass. My mother is not an EU citizen nor does she have a residence in Germany.

Is this going to be a problem? and is it possible for me to do anything about it?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 2 November 2022, 13:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey,

yes, this is a problem.
Your mother needs to buy an Eurail pass.
Write to the customer support of Interrail/Eurail.

Also the conditions for traveling will be different: your mother can travel UNLIMITED on the days of pass validity in Germany. You will have ONLY one inbound and one outbound trip in Germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You had to choose the country of residence when ordering, wich means you explicitly chose Germany.

EU or non-EU is not relevant. But if your mother lives outside of Europe, then she qualifies for Eurail.

I think you should be able to do an exchange, so your mother has a Eurail pass instead of Interrail:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy