Solved

Wrong seat reservation (first class instead of second class) by Interrail website

Hello, 

Yesterday I ordered for me and my friends ticket for two trains in Italy. In the order there was reservation for second class seats. But today when I look closer there is written that we have first class seats. Our pass is only valid in second class. Does that mean that we can’t board this trains ? 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 May 2022, 12:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There are problems with the Interrail Reservation service for trains in Italy. Which train do you take?

The best way to solve this is when you get in Italy to get changed the reservation at the ticket office or at the last minute desk in bigger stations. Last way is to ask before entering the train the train staff if it is ok to get a seat in 2nd class without reservation. 

You can also ask Trenitalia Costumer Service or write on Social Media (Facebook or Twitter) a private massage to @LeFreccie. 

The next time book your reservation for Italian trains via Austrian Railways tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - discount: Interrail/Eurail Global Pass

I take train from Firenze to Genova on 08.06.2022 and it is Frecciaragento 8588. And the second one is from Genova to Ventimiglia and it is Intercity 659. 

I will propably contact Trenitalia. Thanks for some sort of solution. But i have reservation for six people so it will be better if I got reservation in advance. 

I contact with Trenitalia and they say that I can’t change my seat reservation becouse tickets were not buy from them. Also they say I can’t change higher class for lower 😐

There are problems with the Interrail Reservation service for trains in Italy. Which train do you take?

The best way to solve this is when you get in Italy to get changed the reservation at the ticket office or at the last minute desk in bigger stations. Last way is to ask before entering the train the train staff if it is ok to get a seat in 2nd class without reservation. 

You can also ask Trenitalia Costumer Service or write on Social Media (Facebook or Twitter) a private massage to @LeFreccie. 

The next time book your reservation for Italian trains via Austrian Railways tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - discount: Interrail/Eurail Global Pass

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?