Solved

Yellow switch button for QR code

Hi, 
I have a flex pass for interrailing, but I can’t get a QR code. When I have saved a trip the yellow switch button, which should be right next to the trip you want to make, is just not there. I have tried deleting the app and downloading it again but that does not work. I have already activated my pass completely. Do you know how to help me? 

Kind regards

icon

Best answer by KarelvDuijvendijk 20 June 2022, 10:14

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. How many trips do you have in My trip?
  2. Go to My Pass, tap on the pass you have activated. Check the name of trip that is linked to it. It should be mentioned right below the type of pass.
  3. Are you saving your journeys to the trip that is linked to your pass?

Hi,

I have one trip. The problem is that I can’t connect any trips to the pass I have activated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've only seen this when there's no active pass linked to the trip. And your screenshot suggests that this is indeed the case.

Could you please go to My Pass, select your pass and check what the validity period is?

It says that the validity period is 7 aug-6 sept

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. First, check if there's any app update. App version should be 24.0.0 (iOS) or 24.0.1 (Android), check app version under More (scroll to the bottom).
  2. What happens when you tap on "Add a journey” from within My Pass? Does it work then?
  3. What happens if you cancel your first travel day and then activate the pass again?

We treid all of this and it still does not work, sadly. When you want to add a journey, you come at the page of your saved trip. But the yellow switch button is not there so you can’t add it to the pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Then I don't know what's happening. Please go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging. That won't solve the problem but will help customer support.

Then contact customer support and give them all details: screenshots, things you have tried etc. Also mention clearly when you wil start travelling, so they can prioritise correctly.

I am in the same situation and tomorrow I need to travel again and all these things aren’t working either. I have already messaged customer support but i havent got a response yet. Is there anything else i can do? Or is there a phone number I can call?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am in the same situation and tomorrow I need to travel again and all these things aren’t working either. I have already messaged customer support but i havent got a response yet. Is there anything else i can do? Or is there a phone number I can call?

Please define "all these things aren’t working either”. What is not working?

There is no phone number. Did you mention your start date to customer service? That is the main criterion for them to prioritise.

Further, have you checked if you have the latest app version? Check under More, scroll to the bottom. App version should be 24.0.0 for iPhone and 24.0.1 for Android.

My qr was showing but suddebly it didnt show anymore, also i cant get the yellow switch to turn on the qr code or turn it off. What do you mean about start date? I started travelling on 13/06/22 and i start travelling again 20/06/22. I have checked and i have the latest version of the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@KarelvDuijvendijk 

This sounds like a problem caused by the recent update, since your app was working fine on 13/6.

Do you have Android or iOS?

Also enable error logging and give customer service your device ID.

On this page, click on “Sign In” (top right) and then on "Get a password” to find back your existing request(s), so you can add information to them.

I have found the problem. I made a new trip and conected my trip and now its working again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have found the problem. I made a new trip and conected my trip and now its working again!

Well, you found a workaround :)

Thanks for sharing!

That will probably also work for @sacha but IMO it should be possible for customer support/development to get this bug sorted before August.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It says that the validity period is 7 aug-6 sept

Hi Sacha, I removed your screenshot as it was containing confidential information that could have been stolen (e.g. your pass number). Better be safe! Cheers,