Product Update

Book seat reservations on select Spanish trains via our reservations system 🇪🇸

Book seat reservations on select Spanish trains via our reservations system 🇪🇸
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We are excited to announce that you can now book seat reservations for high-speed trains in Spain via our reservations service! After a lot of hard work, we are proud to bring you this big improvement. 👏🏻

You can now book AVE, Euromed, and Alvia trains through our reservations system and receive an e-ticket. We hope this makes travel planning easier and more convenient for you. 

Stay tuned because we will be continuing to add more trains to our reservations service soon. Happy travels!

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If this works then it will be one of the biggest problem areas for interrail users solved, excellent news.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great news, excellent work! This is going to save a lot of hassle and unease.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We’re happy to see that you are also excited about this improvement @Al_G & @BrendanDB 🤗

About the time Eurail! Haha :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Fantastic news indeed ! Very happy that RENFE reviewed its decision

(Now only the AVE Internacional from/to Lyon and Marseille are missing (+ a few train types as explained below by rvdborgt), any news on that ?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's good news, a start at least. Any idea when IC, MD, Avant and regional trains with mandatory reservations will be added?

First problem: I see reservations for Euromed trains are €10 (+2) instead of €6.50+2. E.g. Barcelona-Valencia:

Edit:

In addition, 1st class is not offered for Euromed, although it should exist.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Really good news, especially considering it's such an important partner it's listed twice on the website 😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@rvdborgt We’d like to work on the AVE Internacional from/to Lyon and Marseille very soon! Also good spot the indication prices are indeed not updated yet. They will be updated this week. 

For the moment we do not have1st class available in our system, they are indeed available on Renfe's system, we’re working on getting this fixed at the moment. 

I just tried to make a reservation on a Euromed train from Valencia to Barcelona on August 13, 2023 and there was no option to make that reservation through the Eurailpass website.

Good evening! Why is not possible Booking in premium class?

thanks for the replies.

@Sarah W because in Renfe’s stations is possible book a premium ticket for €24,80

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Anne France Was the train not in timetable? Or was it in timetable, but booking failed/didn't get price? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Canessa francesco We don't offer Premium at the time because it has meal included and we haven’t found a way to implement that. 

Does it mean that we can do seat reservation on Renfe website or only on Eurail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Does it mean that we can do seat reservation on Renfe website or only on Eurail?

Eurail only, and as mentioned there are a number of limitations at present.

Hello, 

I am trying to book an AVE ticket to go from Barcelona to either Lyon or Paris and it seems to be unavailable. I have checked different days from the 10th of august till the 14th and none of them worked. 

I have found another route but if it will be solved soon it would save me approximatelly 5h of trip 😅

Thank you for your help, 

Judit

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am trying to book an AVE ticket to go from Barcelona to either Lyon or Paris and it seems to be unavailable. I have checked different days from the 10th of august till the 14th and none of them worked.

Edit: the international AVEs cannot be booked online yet, although Renfe has claimed otherwise.

Since you seem to live in Spain, the best is to go to a Renfe ticket office or call Renfe. If you have an Interrail pass, then do not ask for a ticket (you already have one: your pass) but for a reservation with Interrail.

Hi, I tried to book an AVE reservation via the Interrail booking tool, but it didn’t work for any time and date searched. For example Madrid-Ourense on 15/08: According to venta.renfe.com, there are several AVE/ALVIA trains with standard class seats left, but it’s not possible to buy a reservation for any of them via interrail.com. What’s the issue here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There seems to be a general problem. I can't find any bookable Spanish trains, not even on Barcelona-Madrid. It did work last week.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Could you look into this?

I’m having the same problem in booking the last segment of a Bordeaux - Madrid trip. I’m looking for ~8th september, but none are available from Narbonne onwards, e.g. Narbonne - Barcelona - Madrid, even if I go all the way up to October.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m having the same problem in booking the last segment of a Bordeaux - Madrid trip. I’m looking for ~8th september, but none are available from Narbonne onwards, e.g. Narbonne - Barcelona - Madrid, even if I go all the way up to October.

Yeah the Narbonne - Barcelona bug is known for a few weeks. And now there are others…

However please note that best (fastest and least expensive) route is via Hendaye/San Sebastian. It doesn't appear on all planners. For example :

- TER Bordeaux - Hendaye 10:19 - 12:50

- Euskotren Hendaye - San Sebastian-Amara 13:03 - 13:40 or 13:33 - 14:10 (not included, 3-4€, buy at the station)

- station transfer : 15 min walk

- IC San Sebastian - Madrid-Chamartin 15:17 - 20:10

You can buy reservations for the IC at Spanish, German and Swiss stations (at least) but not yet online...

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

There seems to be a general problem. I can't find any bookable Spanish trains, not even on Barcelona-Madrid. It did work last week.

@rvdborgt I'm reporting this issue now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@rvdborgt I'm reporting this issue now.

@rvdborgt Based on the report from our tech team, there is no issue with the reservations in Spain. 

If you still find any issue for the Spanish trains’ reservations via our seat reservation page, please let our customer service team know about it via https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new. With the compilation of all incorrect data on their database, it will be more sufficient for the relevant team to work on it. Thank you! 

I’m still not able to book any reservation (here for example the train in your screenshot). I’m contacting the support now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I’m still not able to book any reservation (here for example the train in your screenshot). I’m contacting the support now.

Hi @l791. I'm really sorry that you still can't book the reservation. I'd encourage you to report this to our CS team as I mentioned earlier. The more information you provide such as different journeys in Spain shown non-bookable in our reservation system, the better the issue will be taken care.

Thank you for your cooperation!