Issue - Facing difficulties to make reservations in Italy

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Retired Eurail Moderator
  • 86 replies

Hi all, 

As some of you may have noticed, there is an issue to book reservations for Italian trains. This is due to an unstable connection with our partner's Trenitalia booking system.

Our team is currently working on it in close cooperation with Trenitalia to fix this issue.

If you see it is loading and not showing any trains, we kindly ask you not to continue trying but to come back another time. In the case where you urgently need a reservation because you are traveling in the next days in Italy, please reach out to our customer service, they will be pleased to help you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will keep you updated. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best option to book Italian day trains IMO is currently via ÖBB.

Italian night trains can also be booked via Belgian railways by phone.

1. Do you know yet when, for Italian night trains, the booking module will be adapted to allow booking of single berths in a shared compartment again? Trenitalia is allowing this again.
  2. Will the issue of receiving Trenitalia reservations in 1st class when 2nd class was ordered be solved anytime soon? Or is this also related to the unstable connection with Trenitalia?

Hi Marion,

I reserved 2nd class on several trenitalia trains last week for family of four.  The reservations that were emailed were all first class.  I have emailed support for help but no reply yet

Can you help with this ?

thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved. Italians trains can now be booked again through our website. With regards to the 1st class issue, I will ask my colleagues for an update.

Cheers,