Meet the community | Introduce yourself!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 874 replies

Hi, newbies! We are ​​​​​super excited to have you here with us! :raised_hands:

With many new members, with an interest for European train travel, joining the forum, we think it’s important to create a space for you to share a little more about yourself.

Maybe you are new to the community or haven’t had a change to say hello! Either way, we can't wait to get to know you and your aspirations.

So, let's all introduce ourselves  
:point_right_tone1:

What's your name? Where do you come from? What are you passionate about? What do you love about train travel and Europe? 

Of course feel free to add anything more. You can share your favorite vacation spot, favorite book, place on your bucket list, picture of your pet, etc. Anything you’d like to share!

-- If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

142 replies

Hi folks, my name is Jim. I have been to Europe before but that was when I was in my 20’s.  Now in my 60’s my partner and I are planning to visit Europe in December of 2023 (as our first trip), and a second trip in Spring or Fall of 2024. Neither of us has ever used rail service as a means of transportation on vacation but it sounds very affordable and doable. Instead of using hotels we plan on using MrBnB for places to stay.

Hey community! 👋🏽

I’m Sascha from Hamburg, Germany. I am 29 years old and I’m starting my first Interrail trip from the end of May until the beginning of July. I will travel through Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. It would be nice to meet some one of you guys! If you are on the road the same time, hit me up! I am always down to grab a coffee or beer, do photoshoots and of course for partying!

Greetings! :)

Sascha

IG: snoovaak

My name is Eric. At the time of my writing this I’m 69 years old. I’ve done many things over the years including logging hundreds of hours scuba diving around the world (mostly the Americas), 50 years of motorcycling with some racing mixed in, owning and flying a private aircraft, working as a software developer, music venue owner, machinist, gas station attendant and more. I retired at 63 and moved from the US to Spain. We like to travel, having logged over 40 countries so far. I plan to add a few more in the next few months.

I find European trains to be a very comfortable way to travel. We’re planning in spending part or all of the month of May on the rails this year.

Hello I'm Alan from Ireland and currently on a trip. Having gone from Valencia via France (delayed by the recent strike/protest yesterday) I'm now in Genoa and going to Florence tomorrow before continuing my trip towards Romania via Slovenia & Croatia. If anyone has experience of similar route I would like to hear from you. I have also commented on a thread regarding travel in France for another person planning a trip if anyone is planning travel in or through France which may be useful.

Hello to you all, I’m Shane, retired in Dubai. I have a passion for music. My wife and I are embarking on a summer trip through Europe for the first time. Whilst we do like train travel, the buying of tickets, understanding reservations and using the Pass systems is a steep learning curve. We’re grateful to have discovered this forum and look forward to sharing our observations.

My name is Paul and my family of 6 are embarking on a 2 week quick fire tour of Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. Kids range from 6 to 14 so this is going to be a bit crazy. We hope to travel lots more by train for European holidays if this goes well. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ich möchte im Sommer24 mal für 3Monate Interrail machen. 

Habt Ihr einen Tipp,wie ich das am besten organisieren?

Ich möchte z.B.gerne die Nordlichter sehen,mal nach Amsterdam, auch GB&Irkand will ich sehen.

Aber natürlich auch mal nach Gibralter&an die portugiesische Küste.

Desweiteren steht selbstverständlich auch der Gladier Express auf meiner Liste.In Italien sollte man auch mal gewesen sein.😉Ich könnte mir vorstellen da von Nord nach Süd zu reisen& zum Schluss nach Griechenland mit dem Schiff.

Geld das Ticket eigendlich auch für die Türkei?Wenn ja,wie weit?Istanbul liegt schließlich z.T.auch in Asien.

Wenn Ihr mehr über mich wissen wollt, fragt doch einfach. 😋🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ich möchte im Sommer24 mal für 3Monate Interrail machen. 

Habt Ihr einen Tipp,wie ich das am besten organisieren?

Ich möchte z.B.gerne die Nordlichter sehen,mal nach Amsterdam, auch GB&Irkand will ich sehen.

Aber natürlich auch mal nach Gibralter&an die portugiesische Küste.

Desweiteren steht selbstverständlich auch der Gladier Express auf meiner Liste.In Italien sollte man auch mal gewesen sein.😉Ich könnte mir vorstellen da von Nord nach Süd zu reisen& zum Schluss nach Griechenland mit dem Schiff.

Geld das Ticket eigendlich auch für die Türkei?Wenn ja,wie weit?Istanbul liegt schließlich z.T.auch in Asien.

Wenn Ihr mehr über mich wissen wollt, fragt doch einfach. 😋🤔

Willkommen für die Fragen ambesten noch mal einen eigenen Post erstellen statt es hier unter diesem Post auszudiskutieren :) 

With many new members, with an interest for European train travel, joining the forum, we think it’s important to create a space for you to share a little more about yourself.

Maybe you are new to the community or haven’t had a change to say hello! Either way, we can't wait to get to know you and your aspirations.

What's your name? Where do you come from? What are you passionate about? What do you love about train travel and Europe? 

Of course feel free to add anything more. You can share your favorite vacation spot, favorite book, place on your bucket list, picture of your pet, etc. Anything you’d like to share!

-- If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Hi ! I'm Agathe ! 

I just had my pass and honestly I don't know where I wanna go because I have to many ideas. But I know that I want to meet new people and see new things!

I will be available mid July or the first weeks of August. 

So if you are looking for an incredible adventure, some fun and the feeling of freedom, you're at the right place ! 

Don't hesitate to contact me, I'm French but I swear my English is soooo good. I also speak a little bit of Spanish and Portuguese.

Travel with me this summer, it will be so much fun ! 

(Here's my Instagram if you want : agt_risp) 

Hello good folks of Eurail community!

My name is Kathi. I am an educator who loves to travel and learn about new places, people and culture.

We are from Wisconsin, and are embarking on our very first journey to France at the beginning of June and are excited, but anxious, as we are still learning how to use our Eurail pass and how to navigate the trains. 

We have been to London, and the Rhine River area in Germany last year and absolutely loved both areas! We were met with interesting things to do and beautiful areas to explore! All the people we met were helpful and lovely!

I’m looking forward to chatting with you all and learning from you. Have safe travels everyone!

Kathi

Hi everyone! I’m originally from England, living in Australia. I’m bringing my two teenage sons to Europe for almost four weeks and I’m planning to explore Europe with them by train. I had a wonderful month interrailing in 1988 as student and want them to have as good a time as I did! Planning on starting in UK, then onto Paris via Eurostar, then Italy and Greece. I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions as we get closer to December when we are going.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hallo zusammen!

Ich bin neu hier.

Grundsätzlich fahre ich einfach gerne mit dem Zug.

Auch interessieren mich mal andere Städte/Länder, wo ich nicht unbedingt Urlaub machen würde. 

Grundsätzlich bin ich ein kommunikativer Mensch.Nur leider ist mein Englisch eher sehr schlecht.

Nächstes Jahr (2024) möchte ich Interrail das 1.mal nutzen. Ich möchte gleich "voll Einsteigen "mit dem 3Monatsticket.

Hat hier jemand Erfahrungen, was man sehen sollte?Wie &wann buchen Ich am besten Züge?

Möchte mich evtl.auch jemand (ein Stück)begleiten?

Ich freue mich auf viele nützliche Tipps &Tricks. 

Liebe Grüße &alle Zeit eine gute Fahrt,

Klaus 

Hii! :)

Nice to meet u guys ^^

I'm Elisa, a 19 y.o. from Rome. 

I'm going to have a solo-trip in August, so I wanted to ask if anyone from the countries I will visit or any traveller like me wanted to meet up and enjoy some good times together! ^^

In particular, my itinerary will be;

06/08/2023 - 07/08/2023

Milan, Italy

07/08/2023 - 10/08/2023

Amsterdam, Netherlands 

10/08/2023 - 13/08/2023

Copenhagen, Denmark

13/08/2023 - 16/08/2023

Berlin, Germany 

16/08/2023 - 19/08/2023

Prague, Czech Republic 

19/08/2023 - 22/08/2023

Budapest, Hungary

22/08/2023 - 24/08/2023

Ljubljana, Slovenia

(coming back to Rome; 24/08)

If anyone want to chat a bit and to organise something cool, hit me in dm or on Instagram! (@atgels)  Byeee ♡

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nice to meet u guys ^^

I'm going to have a solo-trip in August, so I wanted to ask if anyone from the countries I will visit or any traveller like me wanted to meet up and enjoy some good times together! ^^

06/08/2023 - 07/08/2023

Milan, Italy

07/08/2023 - 10/08/2023

Amsterdam, Netherlands 

10/08/2023 - 13/08/2023

Copenhagen, Denmark

13/08/2023 - 16/08/2023

Berlin, Germany 

16/08/2023 - 19/08/2023

Prague, Czech Republic 

19/08/2023 - 22/08/2023

Budapest, Hungary

22/08/2023 - 24/08/2023

Ljubljana, Slovenia

If anyone want to chat a bit and to organise something cool, hit me in dm or on Instagram! (@atgels)  Byeee ♡

Berlin, Deutschland 

16/08/2023 - - 19/08/2023

Da hätte ich ggf.

Mein Englisch ist aber eher schlecht, italienisch kann ich gar nicht. 

Nächstes Jahr möchte ich u.a.auch nach Italien. 

Schreibe mir gerne PN wenn Du magst.

LG&noch ein schönes Wochenende 

Klaus 

Hallo! Ich spreche schreckliches Deutsch, haha, aber wir können es versuchen :). Wenn du willst, schreib mir auf Instagram, @atgels

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don't have Instergram.🤔

WhatsApp?

Or Do you have Snapchat?

heyo :) I‘m Lena, 18 years old and from Austria. I‘m currently on my Interrail trip. I wanna share my route with you - maybe someone’s in the same city at the same time and wanna meet up.

24.7-27.7 Paris 🇫🇷 

28.7-29.7 Hamburg 🇩🇪 

30.7-1.8 Kopenhagen 🇩🇰 

2.8-5.8 Stockholm 🇸🇪 

6.8-9.8 Oslo 🇳🇴 

10.8-12.8 Berlin 🇩🇪 

I’m looking forward to hear from some of you! :) Don‘t hesitate to contact me!

Hi there,

I’m Damaris from Germany. 
This summer is my first trip with Interrail. It is amazing and I love to see so many places in a short time. I love to connect with people all over the world and love to learn new languages. My whole life I traveled with the car and stayed at camping places. I only flew a few times, but with a car or a train you can see how beautiful the different landscapes are. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Berlin wäre eine Option.

Leider habe ich noch immer keinen Dienstplan.Wenn Du möchtest, melde Dich gerne nächste Woche bei mir. 

LG Klaus 

Hello folks, hope you're doing well

This is J.D Nicholls, Open Source Contributor and Founding Full-Stack Engineer at BAXUS! 

Creator of @proyecto26, an initiative through which I aim to change the world through small contributions, ranging from the creation of Open Source projects to the development of socially impactful applications, where security and transparency are paramount.

I am traveling across Europe and the world, engaging with various tech communities focused on Blockchain, AI, and emerging technologies!

J.D traveling in Lisbon

Best,
Juan

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hallo Grüezi!

Ich heisse Rampi und komme aus der Schweiz. Meine Leidenschaft ist auch das Zugfahren in Europa natürlich wenn ich Ferien habe aber sonst fahre ich fast jeden Tag Hin und Zurück mit dem Zug zur Arbeit. Meine erste Reise mit Interrail ist schon paar Jahre her da hatte ich den One Country Pass für Deutschland wo ich Köln, Berlin und Stuttgart besuchte. In diesem Jahr April 2023 hatte ich einen Global Pass meine Reise startete in Basel-Paris-London-Brüssel-München. Es war eine tolle Reise mit dem Zug was ich auf jedenfall vorziehen werde im gegensatz zum fliegen. Eine nächste Interrail Reise ist in Planung aber noch nicht entschieden falls ja wären das meine Wunschroute:

1. Stockholm-Kopenhagen-Hamburg
  2. Luzern-Venezia-Ljubljana-Zagreb-Bratislava-Wien

Ich wünsche allen Leuten die gerade auf eine Reise sind eine gute und sichere Reise:)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nice to meet u guys ^^

06/08/2023 - 07/08/2023

Milan, Italy

07/08/2023 - 10/08/2023

Amsterdam, Netherlands 

10/08/2023 - 13/08/2023

Copenhagen, Denmark

13/08/2023 - 16/08/2023

Berlin, Germany 

16/08/2023 - 19/08/2023

Prague, Czech Republic 

19/08/2023 - 22/08/2023

Budapest, Hungary

22/08/2023 - 24/08/2023

Ljubljana, Slovenia

LEider muss ich nächste Woche arbeiten. 😢

Hi, my name is Nirmal. I am a retired Canadian visiting Turkiye for a while and want to find out how to travel Eurail. I’m a bit of a novice, but the little bit of traveling I have done, I’ve done it alone. I want to travel from Ankara to London and just beginning to look at how to do this. So, nice to meet you, looking forward to interacting.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, my name is Nirmal. I am a retired Canadian visiting Turkiye for a while and want to find out how to travel Eurail. I’m a bit of a novice, but the little bit of traveling I have done, I’ve done it alone. I want to travel from Ankara to London and just beginning to look at how to do this. So, nice to meet you, looking forward to interacting.

Das sollte relativ problemlos mit dem Interrail Global Ticket gehen.

Hierbei bleibt nur noch die Überlegung, wieviel Zeit zu Verfügung steht, damit man sich für das individuelle, beste Ticket entscheiden kann.

Hi.. I am Fefe, from Portugal... 44/male.

I like to travel and know about countries, cultures and more... I think to have my first interain soon... Thank you. Obrigado