Solved

Amsterdam to Germany, pass no longer valid?

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. We’re due to arrive in Amsterdam tomorrow, activate our passes and take a train to Duisburg. As of today the interrail app is now saying this route isn’t covered by the pass, it was yesterday! Anyone any idea what’s going on? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 9 February 2023, 13:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

There’s a lot of unclarity about that, but as for now, you are able to use it. See this discussion. If the app won’t select it, you can always add a trip manually.

(DB/NS want to avoid overcrowding on the ICE, in the summer peak travel periods but are still discussing the modalities)

Userlevel 1

Interrail’s Twitter support has responded with the following message.

“Thank you very much for your message. I apologise for the inconveniences. The journey is still included in the Pass and this message is only for travellers in June, July and August. 

Please make sure the App generates the QR code for this journey. 

Kind regards”

Userlevel 1

There’s a lot of unclarity about that, but as for now, you are able to use it. See this discussion. If the app won’t select it, you can always add a trip manually.

(DB/NS want to avoid overcrowding on the ICE, in the summer peak travel periods but are still discussing the modalities)

Aye, I was aware of them removing validity in the summer then rescinding that decision. Bit weird that all trains direct are now showing no pass validity. 
Interrail’s Twitter support has responded with confirmation that pass is still valid, see my message below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thats thus probably one of he 111111s of minor and larger mistakes, errors and other faults the NS-IT system is able to generate.