Solved

Badminton UK to Milan Italy

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi peeps,

In May 2023 I’d like to go from Badminton UK to Milan Italy by train over 4 days or so.

Can anyone advise 2 good stopovers on the way.

Cheers from Oz

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 21 October 2022, 13:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would suggest you take Eurostar to Lille for one night. Then Direct TGV to Marseilles and Ic to Nice for 2 nights. Then local train to Ventimiglia for connecting IC to Milan.

Alternatively you could E* to Brussels then to Cologne for a night. Next afternoon to Munich for 1 night. Then Munich to Bologna through the Brenner Pass. 1 night with city walk next morning before Bol to Milan mid afternoon.

Badge +5

It all depends on what interests you. Culture in big cities, walking in the mountains or typical culture locations. If you can refine your ideas the community can help. Personally I’d go to Paris. Then on through Switzerland to maybe Lucerne. The community can offer advice about avoiding the international TGV if you go this way. On the other hand both these stopovers are expensive!

I would suggest you take Eurostar to Lille for one night. Then Direct TGV to Marseilles and Ic to Nice for 2 nights. Then local train to Ventimiglia for connecting IC to Milan.

Alternatively you could E* to Brussels then to Cologne for a night. Next afternoon to Munich for 1 night. Then Munich to Bologna through the Brenner Pass. 1 night with city walk next morning before Bol to Milan mid afternoon.

Thankyou so much that sounds fabulous 

It all depends on what interests you. Culture in big cities, walking in the mountains or typical culture locations. If you can refine your ideas the community can help. Personally I’d go to Paris. Then on through Switzerland to maybe Lucerne. The community can offer advice about avoiding the international TGV if you go this way. On the other hand both these stopovers are expensive!

Thankyou so much  sounds grear