Solved

Can’t find the train schedule between Madrid and Lisbon in may

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi!

We are going on a trip in may between paris, bordeaux, madrid, lisbon, seville, barcelona.

we can’t find the train schedule between madrid and lisbon. We would go on may 14 from Madrid to Lisbon. What is the reason of it? In may the train won’t work there?

thanks, Ernhöffer Lívia

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 March 2023, 18:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like the Portuguese timetables for that date have not been delivered yet.

But you can find information here:

https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/madrid-to-lisbon-by-train.htm

Hi Livia,

I have looked into this last summer and back then there was only one train per day between Badajoz (Spain) and Entroncamento (Portugal). If I plan the trip now in the RailPlanner for May 14th, I see two connections per day. One leaving at 14:09 from Badajoz and one leaving at 19:41.

I believe getting from Entroncamento to Lisbon is not a big problem. There are most of the time 1 - 2 trains per hour on that part of the journey. The main ‘issue’ is getting to Badajoz. On Sunday May 14th, there appears to be (only) 1 connection that guarantees you to get a train to Entroncamento in Badajoz (see image below). 

I’d advise to look into the schedules seperately (Madrid - Badajoz, Badajoz - Entroncamento and Entroncamento - Lisbon). This sometimes makes it easier to find possible connections, just make sure there's enough time to change. Hope you're helped by this.