Solved

Conditions Apply for German Rail Pass

• 6 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a 15day/2month Global Pass and I am traveling from Munich to Innsbruck. On the planner it is saying "Conditions Apply."

Question... 1) What does this mean, 2) Is it something I need to worry about on this particular trip since I have a 15day/2month Global Pass 3) and if it is something to worry about it, how I avoid or correct this?

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 November 2022, 21:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have a 15day/2month Global Pass and I am traveling from Munich to Innsbruck. On the planner it is saying "Conditions Apply."

Question... 1) What does this mean, 2) Is it something I need to worry about on this particular trip, 3) and if it is something to worry about it, how I avoid or correct this?

Thank you in advance

Not for your Route as you travel with a Globalpass just till Innsbruck. 

The Special Condition why you get this warning is that this train can be used with a German Railpass even as the train goes to Austria / Italy. Same Condition applies for the ICE Brussels - Germany these can be used with a German Railpass aswell. 
Usually a One Countrypass is just valid in the country it issued for. But these 2 Routes are expceptions for GermanRailpass user.

Just note that the Eurocity & Railjets Germany/Austria to Italy need (if traveling on the Italian part) a passsupplement of 10€ in 2nd class or 15€ in 1st Class this supplement doesn´t include a reservation but some Reseller like Trenitalia (only ticket office) or CeskeDrahy (Online) offer a Seat for free with the supplement.