Solved

From Munich to Sweden?

• 15 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, I’m currently in Munich and I’d like to make my way up to Sweden in a relaxed way over the course of a week. I was wondering about Munich - Vienna - Prague, but then I’m not sure where to go inbetween. Any ideas? Have been to a lot of cities so I’m also up for somewhere smaller.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 15 September 2022, 16:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

After Prague you could go to Poland - Katowice, Krakow, Warszawa, Gdansk, maybe Malbork. Then take a ferry from Gdynia to Sweden.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The obvious choice, avoiding ferries) is back to Berlin (maybe via Dresden) then Hamburg to Copenhagen to Gothenburg and onward to Stockholm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Without giving any hint what you like this is just some of touristy/wiki/´the best 10´ etc-listings:

Salzburg, the sound of music

Innsbruck, Tirol, house with golden roof (well, just as I was there yesterday)

Scenic route via Austria inland lines: Bischofshofen-Schwarzach-then north till Linz-connect to Ceske Bud-CZ

CZ; Ceske Budejovice and Cesky Krumlov (though recent notes many trains bustituted and problems)

Area N-E of Praha, CZ/PL border land, around Liberec, mountainous (not all raillines take passes, but dirt cheap compared to SL or Skane)

Mac-Pommes, the german nickname for Mecklenburg/East Sea coastal area, the afterdays of summer, several old-style seaside places like Binz, Stralsund, 

As you likely know-esp. for the anti-alco Scandinavikser; CZ, PL and DE have very good and dirt cheap beer (still from 29 ct=trekroner for ½ ltr , CZ and PL without pant)

Nattoget SJ fra Hamburg har bare liggeplasser for now, sommer-only DSB seats only Nattoget Hamburg-K/obenhavn gar ikke. (as I took it last week). or use snälltaget_ DD=Dresden/Berlin-Hamburg