Solved

From Paris Nord (France) to Le Creux-Des-Biches (Switzerland)

• 29 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Good afternoon, I would like to know if there is any slower way that I can go from paris nord to Le Creux-Des-biches (Switzerland) without making any payment? What are the alternative ways instead of buying reservation seat on TGV and Eurostar. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ralderton 29 October 2023, 15:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t need any reservations in Switzerland, and you don’t need any reservations on TERs in France.

So you can go by TER, for example, Paris-Mulhouse-Basel, then onwards. It will take longer, but avoids any reservation fees. It will probably leave from Paris Gare de l’Est, which is a 10 minute walk from Gare du Nord.

You can find these in the Eurail planner by choosing Filter > No Seat Reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The fastest journey I see that requires no reservation fees would be Paris-Belfort-Meroux-Glovelier-Le Crux des Biches, taking 7h48.

You could save yourself a couple of hours by instead going Paris-Mulhouse or Paris-Strasbourg by TGV and paying a €10 or 20 reservation fee, then continuing on unreserved trains after that.

Badge

Which service has the most cheaper seat reservation seat? Where can I buy it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The fastest journey I see that requires no reservation fees would be Paris-Belfort-Meroux-Glovelier-Le Crux des Biches, taking 7h48.

You could save yourself a couple of hours by instead going Paris-Mulhouse or Paris-Strasbourg by TGV and paying a €10 or 20 reservation fee, then continuing on unreserved trains after that.

Meroux is a TGV station actually (called Belfort-Montbéliard TGV) so you can easily connect there with a TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon.

But the true reservation-free way is via Belfort as agreed. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which service has the most cheaper seat reservation seat? Where can I buy it?

A trip on the TGV completely within France will cost either €10 or €20 (limited availability on all routes at €10, then the rest of the seats are €20).

If you take it across the border to Basel , it will cost €29. 

You can book both via the Eurail reservations service, they charge an extra €2 per reservation. https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/

The regional and TER trains don’t requite reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do you have a specific date in mind ? Itinerary examples :

- TGV Paris Gare de Lyon - Belfort-Montbéliard TGV 07:22 - 09:37 10-20€

- same station : climb the stairs or take the lift

- RE Meroux TGV - Glovelier 10:03 - 10:55

- R Glovelier - Le Creux-des-Biches 11:41 - 12:30

Or fully reservation-free :

- TER Paris-Est - Belfort 08:42 - 12:46

- TER Belfort - Meroux TGV 13:48 - 13:56 (the same train leaves at 12:48 so you could make the earlier connection but don't count on it)

- RE Meroux TGV - Glovelier 14:03 - 14:55

- R Glovelier - Le Creux-des-Biches 15:41 - 16:30